Tuesday 12 August 2008

Preparations for Cameroon Adventure

Hi all

Well preparations are underway for Cameroon! I am so excited to be travelling to this country in West Africa. I shall be working at the Limbe Wildlife Centre and looking after the primates who live there. This includes gorillas, chimpanzees and monkeys. I shall also be working with the local children at the Nature Club, where I shall be telling stories with the help of my monkey puppets. I will also be making some puppets with the children.

Please see: www.limbewildlife.org/

I have finalised the accommodation now and will be sharing a house with other volunteers. The house is 10 minutes' walk from the centre. It has a cold shower but Simone has assured me that this will be most welcome with temperatures in the 30s! She also said that the shower water is quite often heated by the sun anyway. So it is all good stuff.

I have started making a packing list, which includes wellies and a mossie net...

And I have bought my flight tickets, did this months ago. I like to be prepared!

Jungle Jane

No comments: